Skip to main content
All Questions

Why do you want to join Amazon?

Interview experiences

5 shared
Amazon · 19 days ago
"The process was more rigorous than anything I’d done at other big tech companies, but the recruiter was actually accurate and helpful on what to prepare, which is rare and I really appreciated that. A few things caught me off guard: one round had a heavy focus on low-level system design and concurrency, which wasn't explicitly mentioned in the initial prep guide. What went well was the structure of the technical rounds they felt very practical and less like abstract LeetCode puzzles. The interviewers were engaged and gave good hints when I got stuck. What didn’t go well was my time management in the coding round; I spent too long optimizing a solution that was already passing the test cases, which left less time for the follow-up questions at the end."
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4
Amazon · 2 months ago
"The overall interview process was more rigorous than anything I had experienced at other large companies. The recruiter was clear, responsive, and helpful in explaining what to expect, which allowed me to prepare effectively. The interviewers were professional, and the questions gave me a good opportunity to demonstrate my experience through real examples. However, some questions felt repetitive across the different rounds, and a few follow-up questions were more detailed than I expected. Overall, it was a challenging but well-structured and positive experience."
Program Manager · Staff / L6
Amazon · 6 months ago
"The OA was more challenging than I expected, the questions were more aligned with Competitive programming style. Recruiter was really supportive and informative. Still waiting on the next steps, which is the final round."
Software Engineer · Entry Level / L3
Uber · a year ago
"It was a much more intense case study than other roles I’ve seen. It look me roughly a week to do end to end with lots of data to analyze. Interviewers jump in throughout to ask questions and grill your thinking and assumptions"
BizOps & Strategy
Amazon · 2 years ago
"The process was very straightforward. The recruiter will help guide you and give you tips on how to prepare for the interview. They are hyper focused on their Amazon Principles and all questions will stem from that."
Program Manager · Staff / L6

Community answers

No answers contributed by the community yet.

Related courses

Course

Product Strategy Questions

Product strategy is fundamentally different in the AI era, and we'll tell you exactly how to approach these rounds effectively within the new rules.

Course

Machine Learning Engineer Interview Prep

Land your dream machine learning role at Meta, Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Nvidia, and other top companies. Learn from mock interviews, frameworks, and advice from senior candidates. Explore ML system design, core concepts, coding, behavioral interviews, and more.