Walk me through the technical architecture of your product.
Roles
Companies
Categories
Unlock detailed company stats for this questionUpgrade
Interview experiences
6 sharedW
Wingify · 2 months ago
"The interview process was professional and well-structured, focusing heavily on real-world distributed systems challenges, which I found to be a great opportunity to showcase my skills. While the experience was positive, I struggled to align with the interviewers on certain technical nuances during our discussions, which ultimately led to my rejection."
Backend Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Scale AI · 4 months ago
"A thorough, well-structured process: recruiter screen, hiring manager screen, a take-home case, a virtual onsite of four rounds (product sense, bar raiser/culture, technical execution, ML fundamentals), and a final conversation with a senior product leader. The interviewers were friendly, engaged and clearly hands-on practitioners. Each round probed a different angle, so you get to show range. The recruiting team was responsive and gave candid feedback mid-process, which I appreciated.
What didn't go as well was logistics near the end. A late-stage round was cancelled at short notice and rerouted to a different interviewer, who treated it like an early screen, so I wasn't sure what was left. With interviewers across time zones, some slots also fell late in my evening. I didn't get an offer. Looking back, the gap was answer length and audience awareness in the senior rounds, not technical depth."
Product Manager · Senior / L5

Stripe · 6 months ago
"My Stripe process felt pretty easy overall, and I clicked with a lot of the interviewers. After the recruiter screen, where they gave me the comp range early, the main loop had a technical round, an analytical round, an execution round, and an extra UX round because this role was tied closely to the homepage and design work.
Their heaviest focus was on my data-analysis skills. The technical and UX rounds felt pretty natural to me, while the behavioral execution questions were harder because they asked me to summarize complicated situations fast. I do not have an outcome to share here, but the process itself felt manageable and not especially adversarial."
Product Manager · Staff / L6
M
Meshy AI · 6 months ago
"The interview process was very fast. 4 rounds in almost one week. Their take-home assignment expressed that, given how much you were asked to complete in 3 days (PRD, GTM strategy, working prototype), they look for passion in the space and are quite technical and expect you to be."
Product Manager · Mid Level / L4

Cognition AI · a year ago
"I got pulled into Cognition through a headhunter, and the process was a little fuzzy because they were basically running me through something that could have landed in engagement manager or the more forward-deployed side. I never even had a recruiter screen.
I went straight into two intro calls, then a take-home, then a live presentation of that take-home, and I stopped before the onsite. The most memorable part was that the very first round asked some unusual 'what are you great at' and 'are you in the top 5 to 10%' type questions instead of just the normal script.
Overall, it felt more theoretical and discussion-heavy than practical, with a lot of emphasis on specific deployment stories and how you think about your own edge."
Customer Success Manager

Meta · 2 years ago
"The technical rounds were generally well structured and covered both coding and system design. I performed well in most of the technical discussions, but I found the system design round more challenging. Overall, the process was professional and gave me a clear understanding of the technical expectations."
Software Engineer · Entry Level / L3
Community answers
No answers contributed by the community yet.
Related questions
Walk me through the backend architecture of an AI product.Walk me through a technical feature you've led.Walk me through the technical architecture needed to build a mobile alarm clock app.Related courses

Course
Course
Engineering Management Interview Prep
Land your dream engineering manager role at Meta, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, and other top companies. Learn from mock interviews, frameworks, and advice from senior candidates. Explore system design, people management, project retros, behavioral interviews, and more.

Course
Course
System Design Interviews
Learn how to answer the latest system design questions across product, infrastructure, and AI domains. Features in-depth video examples, written breakdowns, and helpful reference patterns. Watch senior engineers and managers answer these questions in mock interview videos.

