Skip to main content
All Questions

Tell me about a time you made a mistake.

Tell me about a time when you as a PM knew you were right about something, you believed you were 100% certain of something, but then found out you were wrong. Q1. When did you find out about it? Q2. What did you do when you found out about it? Q3. Who did you tell? Q4. What did they say? Q5. What did you learn?

Interview experiences

5 shared
M
Midis Group · 3 months ago
"The process interview: they don't ask a lot of questions that are like standard TSA or LLDA-type questions, but they do just go on a very deep dive into your projects (basically to a level where it's very easy to tell whether you have actually worked on your projects or you have just used AI). They really care about what decisions you have asked the AI to make for you. They also worked on asking about safeguards within AI."
Software Engineer · Entry Level / L3
Capital One · 4 months ago
"The interview lasted about four hours and was divided into several sections. One section focused on behavioral questions, where I was asked about my past experiences, how I handle different situations, and examples of teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving. Another section assessed my math skills through quantitative and analytical questions. The final section was technical and conceptual, testing my understanding of fundamental technical concepts, my reasoning process, and how I approached solving technical problems rather than simply recalling facts."
Business Analyst · Entry Level / L3
Salesforce · 5 months ago
"The overall interview was over in a week. I think they were looking to quickly to finish the round. It's for Missionforce. The feedback came in positive but for some reasons unknown and not shared they didn't went ahead with me."
Technical Program Manager · Senior / L5
Home Depot · 8 months ago
"Easy normal behavioral questions and case study round was also easy cover every topics possible dont rely on AI tools"
Product Manager · Senior / L5
Amazon · 2 years ago
"I thought it was very efficient. Within a few days I had my verbal offer and written letter. I interviewed with random people at Amazon so I never met the people on my team."
Product Manager · Staff / L6

Community answers

No answers contributed by the community yet.

Related courses

Course

Data Analyst Interview Prep

Ace your data analyst interviews—whether you're targeting product, marketing, or business analyst roles. Tackle real take-home case studies, sharpen your technical and dashboarding skills, and get strategies from interviewers at top tech companies and startups.

Course

SQL Interviews

Prepare for SQL interviews by practicing syntax basics, aggregations, and window functions. Learn how to manipulate data, write complex queries, and analyze information from diverse data sets.