Vertical Traversal of a Binary Tree
Unlock detailed company stats for this questionUpgrade
Interview experiences
4 shared
Meta · a year ago
"I got into Meta through a referral, and the recruiter reached out quickly. The process was recruiter chat, then a pre-onsite package with CodeSignal, a live technical screen, and a weird multiple-choice engineering philosophy questionnaire, and then about a month later the onsite with DSA, system design, behavioral, and the AI-enabled coding round. Honestly, Meta gave me the best prep materials of any company I interviewed with: a long prep PDF, portal videos, mock system design resources, and even a practice environment for the AI round. Most of the coding questions were exactly the kind of stuff people tell you to study in the Meta-tagged LeetCode list, so I never felt like they were hiding the ball. I didn't get the offer, and I think the system design round was what sank me because I expected distributed systems and got an API-design style chess problem that I handled in a really unorganized way."
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Meta · 2 years ago
"I did well on well on very coding question except 1, it was a cyclic sort problem and I actually didn't know cyclic sort at all. After doing the final round, they gave me another chance to another coding round, I again failed at the first question but not the second. So I got rejected"
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Oracle · 2 years ago
"Here's a short version suitable for Exponent:
> The Oracle interview process consisted of a recruiter screening, two technical rounds, a system design discussion, and a managerial round. The technical interviews focused on Java, data structures, microservices, databases, and problem-solving. The system design round evaluated scalability, API design, and architectural trade-offs. Interviewers were professional and focused heavily on real-world experience and project discussions. Overall, the process was structured, challenging, and relevant to enterprise software development."
Software Engineer · Entry Level / L3

Amazon · 3 years ago
"It was really good as they do seem to care about interview and i had a great time discussing with the interviewer."
Software Engineer · Entry Level / L3
Community answers
No answers contributed by the community yet.
Related questions
Binary Tree Zigzag Level Order TraversalInvert binary tree.Find Leaves of Binary TreeRelated courses

Course
Course
Software Engineering Interview Prep
Land your dream software engineering role at Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Meta, Apple, and other top companies. Learn from mock interviews, frameworks, and advice from senior candidates—practice data structures, algorithms, system design, people management, behavioral interviews, and more.

Course
Course
System Design Interviews
Learn how to answer the latest system design questions across product, infrastructure, and AI domains. Features in-depth video examples, written breakdowns, and helpful reference patterns. Watch senior engineers and managers answer these questions in mock interview videos.