Why do you want to work at Meta?
Roles
Companies
Categories
Unlock detailed company stats for this questionUpgrade
Interview experiences
19 shared
Meta · a month ago
"Overall, it followed Meta's typical PM loop and most questions came from the Meta question bank. What didn't go well is the time recruiter takes to schedule and team match time it takes."
Product Manager · Staff / L6

Meta · 3 months ago
"Was hard, and the interviewer tried to get me focused, but I was just too excited. They asked me to build a renters product with them, and the product strategy question just didn't go well. I mumbled, didn't lay out the paintings right, and got into my head. In the end, I couldn't really provide a solid answer and a correct template."
Product Manager · Mid Level / L4

Meta · 4 months ago
"The interview went smoothly overall. 1 round of phone screen followed by the full loop of 4 rounds packed in a day. 2 coding 1 behavior 1 system design."
Software Engineer · Senior / L5

Meta · 5 months ago
"The questions weren't too difficult, and the interviewers were friendly enough."
Visual Designer · Mid Level / L4

Meta · 8 months ago
"The process was more rigorous than most interviews I’ve done at other large tech companies. The recruiter was accurate and helpful about what to expect, which made it easier to prepare. The interviews themselves were structured and generally well run. A few questions and follow-ups caught me off guard, and some rounds felt more dependent on navigating ambiguity in the moment than I expected."
Product Manager · Senior / L5

Meta · 10 months ago
"I first cleared the loop for a different Meta EM role and, while I was waiting in team matching, they opened an M1 security role and asked me to do the delta interviews for that. For the security path, the structure was recruiter screen, two technical screens, and then a six-round final loop covering security system design, security depth, coding, career motivation, people management, and project retrospective. The technical rounds were not the hardest part for me because the coding was pretty easy and the design rounds were very framework-driven. The rounds that mattered most were people management and project retrospective, and I actually got more push there because the examples had to map cleanly to the signal. I cleared the loop, and am waiting on next steps."
Engineering Manager

Meta · 10 months ago
"I first cleared the loop for a different Meta EM role and, while I was waiting in team matching, they opened an M1 security role and asked me to do the delta interviews for that. For the security path, the structure was recruiter screen, two technical screens, and then a six-round final loop covering security system design, security depth, coding, career motivation, people management, and project retrospective. The technical rounds were not the hardest part for me because the coding was pretty easy and the design rounds were very framework-driven. The rounds that mattered most were people management and project retrospective, and I actually got more push there because the examples had to map cleanly to the signal. I cleared the loop, and am waiting on next steps."
Engineering Manager

Meta · 10 months ago
"The process was standard, with a recruiter chat first, then scheduling round 1 with 2 PMs: 1 on product sense and the other on metrics. Product sense - the interviewer likes to know how you frame the problem, set goals, and how it ties with the overall company strategy. Make sure to be concise and walk users through problems to solutions before time is up."
Product Manager

Meta · a year ago
"I got into the process through a referral and started with a recruiter call that was actually very informative.
The process was five rounds for me: recruiter, a 60-minute technical screen with 30 minutes SQL and 30 minutes Python, a 30-minute behavioral, and then three loop rounds. The loop was a little different from other data engineer interviews I have done because each round combined product sense, data modeling, SQL, and Python rather than testing them in isolation.
The interviewers were super helpful if I spoke out loud and asked clarifying questions, and the recruiters gave me a lot of prep material up front."
Data Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Meta · a year ago
"I got into the process through a referral and started with a recruiter call that was actually very informative.
The process was five rounds for me: recruiter, a 60-minute technical screen with 30 minutes SQL and 30 minutes Python, a 30-minute behavioral, and then three loop rounds. The loop was a little different from other data engineer interviews I have done because each round combined product sense, data modeling, SQL, and Python rather than testing them in isolation.
The interviewers were super helpful if I spoke out loud and asked clarifying questions, and the recruiters gave me a lot of prep material up front."
Data Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Meta · a year ago
"I got HR reach out, and start to prepare the interview around 2 weeks
I didn't complete the coding section. Having some diffcult to communacate with the interview"
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Meta · a year ago
"It was a smooth experience. But it was not clear on what they were looking for as this was a generalised interview with team matching later"
Technical Program Manager · Senior / L5

Meta · a year ago
"It was hard. Two medium leet code in 45 minutes and you're alright. System Design needs lots of practice and quick explanations."
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Meta · a year ago
"Standardized"
Product Manager · Senior / L5

Meta · a year ago
"The process was fine and there was really little feedback during the interview so i couldnt tell how i did"
Business Analyst · Mid Level / L4

Meta · 2 years ago
"I did well on well on very coding question except 1, it was a cyclic sort problem and I actually didn't know cyclic sort at all. After doing the final round, they gave me another chance to another coding round, I again failed at the first question but not the second. So I got rejected"
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Meta · 2 years ago
"The process was very nice, interviewed by people that would not be in my next team, but everybody was exceptionally nice. The questions in the ML system design round were not very deep and were more systems-oriented."
Machine Learning Engineer · Senior / L5

Meta · 3 years ago
"It was an extremely smooth process, though team matching was rough. Questions didn't need to be 100% right interestingly, as one of the rounds I didn't finish."
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4

Meta · 3 years ago
"It was an extremely smooth process, though team matching was rough. Questions didn't need to be 100% right interestingly, as one of the rounds I didn't finish."
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4
Community answers
No answers contributed by the community yet.
Related questions
Why do you want to work at Adobe?Why do you want to work at Lyft?Why do you want to work at Uber?Related courses

Course
Course
Machine Learning Engineer Interview Prep
Land your dream machine learning role at Meta, Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Nvidia, and other top companies. Learn from mock interviews, frameworks, and advice from senior candidates. Explore ML system design, core concepts, coding, behavioral interviews, and more.

Course
Course
Engineering Management Interview Prep
Land your dream engineering manager role at Meta, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, and other top companies. Learn from mock interviews, frameworks, and advice from senior candidates. Explore system design, people management, project retros, behavioral interviews, and more.