Tell me about a time you failed.
Roles
Companies
Categories
Unlock detailed company stats for this questionUpgrade
Interview experiences
7 shared
Oracle · 15 days ago
"Both rounds went well. I highly recommend reviewing previously asked questions for the company you are interviewing with. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could solve both problems easily, as I had already practiced the similar questions on LeetCode"
Software Engineer · Mid Level / L4

DoorDash · 16 days ago
"Behavioral : Very smooth and friendly
Case: Stress test. Cold attitude by the interviewer from the very first minute"
BizOps & Strategy

Meta · 4 months ago
"The interview went smoothly overall. 1 round of phone screen followed by the full loop of 4 rounds packed in a day. 2 coding 1 behavior 1 system design."
Software Engineer · Senior / L5

Google · 6 months ago
"Pretty easy, just very long. For technical just need to do leetcode, no system design. Interviewers help you if you are stuck."
Software Engineer · Entry Level / L3

Meta · 9 months ago
"I interviewed for an IC6 PM role at Meta and the whole thing felt extremely structured from start to finish. The process was recruiter screen, two screening interviews for product sense and analytics, then a final loop with product sense, analytics, and L&D, followed by team matching.
What stood out was that the questions themselves sounded simple, but the interviewers were tough, stone-faced, and expected a very detailed solution. In product sense, they really cared about MVP, end-to-end experience, competition, and differentiation. In analytics, the challenge was different because one interviewer was so quiet that I had to fully drive the discussion myself."
Product Manager · Staff / L6

Apple · 9 months ago
"A sourcer had been nudging me on LinkedIn for a while, so I never did a normal recruiter screen. Once I sent my resume, two hiring managers in the same Siri AI/ML org wanted to talk, so Apple ran one combined process for both EPM roles instead of making me do two separate loops. I did two hiring manager screens, then a joint onsite with a data science manager, an ML engineering manager, another behavioral round with one of the hiring managers, and a final conversation with a very senior engineering leader. The whole thing felt extremely team-dependent and very niche, especially the ML metrics parts, which is what made it different from more generic big-tech TPM loops. I finished in early December and got rejected."
Technical Program Manager · Mid Level / L4

Freshworks · 2 years ago
"The process was bit lag but being patient wins the race. Be confident, explain deeply on your experience, work that uniquely done, times you have gone above and beyond. How you uplifted the team and delivered"
Technical Program Manager · Mid Level / L4
Community answers
No answers contributed by the community yet.
Related questions
Tell me about a time when data failed you.Tell me about a time when you failed at work.Tell me about a time you conducted a failed experiment.Related courses

Course
Course
Product Strategy Questions
Product strategy is fundamentally different in the AI era, and we'll tell you exactly how to approach these rounds effectively within the new rules.

Course
Course
Engineering Management Interview Prep
Land your dream engineering manager role at Meta, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, and other top companies. Learn from mock interviews, frameworks, and advice from senior candidates. Explore system design, people management, project retros, behavioral interviews, and more.



