Skip to main content
All Questions

Tell me about a time when you solved a complex problem and how you went about it.

Become a member today
  • 100+ expert answer videos
  • Access to all courses
  • Peer-to-peer practice
  • Private Discord community
  • Full question database
Upgrade now

Interview experiences

6 shared
Revolut · 15 days ago
"This kind of interview is new to me as I don't have a tech background. The screening call was to make sure I matched the requirements. The CCAT/UCAT test wasn't too difficult but it is best to practice using examples on udemy so you can answer all 40 questions in 20 mins. The take home task took most of the week. I am new to SQL so there was a learning curve to try and get over."
BizOps & Strategy · Senior / L5
Amazon · 2 months ago
"Till now it went well. Let me see feedback. All the rounds were very much aligned to leadership principles. Prepare answers in STAR format and try not to tell any details where you have not worked in depth."
Engineering Manager · Staff / L6
Meta · 3 months ago
"Was hard, and the interviewer tried to get me focused, but I was just too excited. They asked me to build a renters product with them, and the product strategy question just didn't go well. I mumbled, didn't lay out the paintings right, and got into my head. In the end, I couldn't really provide a solid answer and a correct template."
Product Manager · Mid Level / L4
Stripe · 6 months ago
"My Stripe process felt pretty easy overall, and I clicked with a lot of the interviewers. After the recruiter screen, where they gave me the comp range early, the main loop had a technical round, an analytical round, an execution round, and an extra UX round because this role was tied closely to the homepage and design work. Their heaviest focus was on my data-analysis skills. The technical and UX rounds felt pretty natural to me, while the behavioral execution questions were harder because they asked me to summarize complicated situations fast. I do not have an outcome to share here, but the process itself felt manageable and not especially adversarial."
Product Manager · Staff / L6
Intel · 9 months ago
"Well structured and highly professional, consisting of a phone screen followed by deep dives with senior leadership team and cross functional stakeholders"
Program Manager · Senior / L5
Amazon · 2 years ago
"I thought it was very efficient. Within a few days I had my verbal offer and written letter. I interviewed with random people at Amazon so I never met the people on my team."
Product Manager · Staff / L6

Community answers

No answers contributed by the community yet.

Related courses

Course

Product Strategy Questions

Product strategy is fundamentally different in the AI era, and we'll tell you exactly how to approach these rounds effectively within the new rules.

Course

Machine Learning Engineer Interview Prep

Land your dream machine learning role at Meta, Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Nvidia, and other top companies. Learn from mock interviews, frameworks, and advice from senior candidates. Explore ML system design, core concepts, coding, behavioral interviews, and more.